Thursday, November 15, 2012

Double thumbing Perspective

I am such a double thumb-er.
I can't navigate the iPhone with one hand or my fingers.
Simply impossible.

So anyways, I've given many different aspects of my life thought recently, as I am sure we all have as we approach the Holiday season.

I've been thinking about trivial things, materialistic things, work things, personal things, dumb things, and the list goes on.

But I got stuck on personal things. Especially after reading this post over at Mama Laughlin. (I have tried to stop reading her blog but I just can't help myself)
More specifically just how much time I spend doing things for myself.

I wake up and go running which is my me relax time. And while I run to stay fit and trim for me a little part is for my boyfriend too. So I guess it's not 100% selfish.
I prepare my lunch. For me to enjoy.
I go to work.
Maybe go to lunch with a friend if I want to.
I get the occasional (cough what is becoming a bi monthly) manicure. And pedicure.
I run errands and pick things up that I like.
I get my hair done.
I blog.

You get the idea.

Looking at all this just gets me frustrated. Frustrated with myself not giving more to others.

But let's be honest in this day and age the 'me' mentality is what is taught, reiterated, and demonstrated.

I think we can all often be found guilty of the situation. Which reminds us we are only humans, not creatures of perfection (although I'd like to think I am perfect).

So this is something I am going to work to be more aware of- other people. Not just do things when I can, but be more aware of others needs and less of my own.

I've been working on it for a while now. But still am not as good as I would like to be.
I will say, boyfriend, this is something you have made me MUCH more aware of.
Thank you for that.

And on that note boyfriend, I know I'm not perfect, but thanks for being patient with me, and teaching me more about myself than anyone ever could.

And on that note.
I got myself a PSL this morning.


Guess I have more work to do than I thought...

1 comment:

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!