Tuesday, March 26, 2013

DIY Baby Shower Party Favors on a Budget

I'm going to be an Aunt, and we just had a Baby Shower for Reese.
(Her name hanging on the nursery wall, it's official)

I've been worked for the weeks on planning on the details.
And let me tell you this stuff can add up quick.
Decorations, Food, Desserts, Drinks, Prizes
You get the picture..

We did a good job keeping everything fairly economical for the most part.
That being said I was in charge of favors, and I didn't want to spend too much.
I googled some ideas, but the nothing seemed really exciting to me, and everything seemed pricey.
And then I had a light bulb idea, a moment of brilliance if you will.

And here you have it
$24.75 dollars for 28 favors.
 Not even joking.
Let me break it down for you:
 2 packs of 14 degradable pots (Home Depot)- $6
2 packs clear party bags @ $4/pk. from Target- $8
3 packs of Basil seeds @ $2/pk. (Home Depot)- $6
Ribbon (One spool Michaels)- $3
Paper for tags (2 sheets @ $.79/sheet)- $1.75
They are particuarly apporirate for a Spring shower, or so I thought, especially
with garden planting season just around the corner.
And people LOVED 'em.

What have you given for favors?
Any good tips???

6 comments:

  1. this is such a great idea! really cute! i'm always looking for reasonably priced favors (we're in bridal shower/baby shower overload right now!) i just had a bridal shower for my bff and we did "s'more pops" as the favors, it was jumbo marshmallows on a stick dipped in chocolate, then covered in grahama cracker crumbs. put them in a plastic bag and tie a cute tag on them and you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a freaking GENIUS idea. Seriously. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This...is...the cutest idea EVER!!! I am so using you for creative ideas my friend haha..totally love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, brilliant favor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am impressed with do it yourself Baby shower budget friendly gifts. These gifts are not only budget friendly but are very cute as well. My cousin's baby shower is in a few days and I was quite confused about the gifts. Thanks for helping me out. It will be Disney styled at one of the Los Angeles venues.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!