Tuesday, March 12, 2013

5 Ways to Save at Target

This is a list I have compiled for over the last few months years of ways I could (potentially) save money at target, and probably every other store I step foot in.

It's not all that complicated and I sure there are more complete lists out there,
 but I figured I'd share min just because.

1. Go alone- yes I know, you are going to tell me it's far less fun than going with your friend or boyfriend, but trust me this will save you. You won't have someone pointing out the super cute things that your eyes missed the first time. No one commenting or adding to your list of things you need. Essentially you eliminate the enabler.
2. Make a list and only shop on those 'sections'. Everyone and their mom know that the reason the women's clothes are already in the front of Target is because 1. Primarily women shop their 2. Women will walk by on their way to the other areas of the store this forced to see those cute new swim suits or fun new colored jeans. If you make a list and stick to the sections of the store those items are in. Boom you just saved yourself give or take forty dollars. Congratulations.

3. Shop at the end of the aisles not visible from the main 'thoroughfares'. Not sure if anyone else loves the ends as much as I do, just sayin'. At the ends of the aisles (not the main department separating aisles) are all of the mark down sale items with red tags. I sometimes refer to it as 'red tag magic'. You'll find things that are ridiculously reduced in price. Things from sheets to picture frames, kitchen wear, house accessories and more. The other day I scored this rug for $6.98 originally $40 and these shoes for $9.68 originally $32. I mean we are talking serious deals.
4. Set time limits. I all honesty I probably visit target three times a week. (This sounds way worse than it is, I promise.  And as a complete other side note how many times will I be going to target a week when I have kids. Gosh I can't even imagine...ANYWAYS...) Give yourself a pre-determined amount of time.  This will save you from wandering to sections you shouldn't be browsing in the first place).  When the time is up, finish collecting your last item (and it had best be on your list) and check out!

5. Make it your last stop. I don't know about you, but I am usually so worn out by the time I'm on the last stop of my errand. Like seriously beep boxing around town, the grocery, and target and I am wiped out. So by the last stop I am always ready to go home. Also of its the last stop and you've been to the grocery store before, you'll have perishable items in the card and you'll need to get back in a hurry. And this my friends will get your little butt movin'.

Obviously this list can be applied to almost any store, but I just use target because I am there so often and spend so much money there.

Anyone else have good tips???
Holler at me.

Target is making me poor.
But at least I'll look cute doing it. 

19 comments:

  1. oh, i am totally obsessed with target...any tips to save there are helpful! i just bought that same green shirt the other day, but it was on sale..so at least that's a start! i basically am like "oh, only $20? i need this" but i do that 5 times all over the store. woops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right it's like oh earrings $7.99, tank $15, oh picture frame $15, etc. and then I am broke. Glad I am not alone!!!!

      Delete
  2. This list is perfection. Honestly, I should set a time limit. Last week I lost like 2 hours in one visit to target. Also, I remember how much money we used to spend going to Walmart together in college. We were each others enablers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such enablers. But it did make for some good stories. Miss you!

      Delete
  3. Love the tips! Target is tricky. They know how toget ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masters of tricky. For reals. Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  4. Another tip Sunday is the day all they sales start, and when you can find really good deals. Just a tip:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have just saved me more money. Thanks for the tip!!!

      Delete
  5. I want those shoes! Ahhh!!! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean they were $9.98 I had to. You are way stronger than me!!! Ill send you more love soon!!!!

      Delete
  6. Ive found that the best way to save money at Target is to bring my husband..... haha
    Yes he does point out cute things here and there, but he gives me a hard time on spending money on "things I don't need"
    and he pushes me through the store quite fast, while complaining (he's not a complainer ever but he knows he has to fake it when we are in Target lol)

    http://polkadotsandpencilskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice of him to help- my boyfriend does NOT!!! You are lucky!!!!

      Delete
  7. I wish I read this before I went to Target yesterday! I bought three times the amount of stuff I actually needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love target!!! it is hard to not look at every section or at the least the clothes section when I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These ti[s are exactly what I have had to come too. I am there all the time, and always end up looking at the clothes and shoes when i came for toilet paper and mouthwash! haha. My next step will be to limit my trips hahaha! Best store!

    Thanks for the time limit and last stop tip, those will help cause i think the same as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything to help!!! And yay good minds think alike!!! Agree BEST store ever!!!

      Delete
  10. I always go to Target alone to take my time and cover my bases.. No distractions! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh good tips. Especially that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ummmmmmm I love you. I love this blog. I am so glad I found it. now following along.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!