Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Hypotheical 'Today'

Play along with me for a second.
Pretend like you didn't have to work today..what would you do? 
Here's my answer.
 

If I didn't have to work today... Man, that'd be great, wouldn't it??? 
(I actually really like my job, but a weekday weekend is sometimes fun!!!)

This is what I would do.

First, I'd sleep in.
And go for a run around 7am.
Then I'd take a long shower (and probably get around to shaving my legs, 
it's spring, I need to do that now, right???).

Please note, I do not look like this when I shave. 
It's not a graceful, elegant thing. At all.


I'd probably make the bed, instead of throwing up the blanket, and tossing the pillows a the top and calling it good. And I'd probably sit, eat breakfast, and read blogs for a little longer than normal.


And then I'd go crazy.
First I'd probably stop by the Nordstrom semi-annual sale and grab this little gem. (I am thinking I might actually need this, what do you think???)

and then I'd got to Joanns to get all the fabric and notions needed for this DIY project.
I've been wanting to make these for a while.
And I am going to; I will make these.
And I'd probably grab a Iced Green Tea Latte along the way.
Don't fear the green-ness, it's simply delicious.
I'd come home and probably watch an episode of Real Housewives, because I am undoubtedly a episode (or two) behind.  (Gosh I love her!!!)
 Via
And I'd have grand plans of starting the project, but that's for a Sunday when the boyfriend is laying on the couch watching TV and I need something to do, so I'd put it off, and kindle (the new word for read).
I'd probably get lost in the book, so lost in fact that I'd fall asleep in bed with my glasses on, and my boyfriend would come in see me, and cover my toes with the blanket.

My nap would probably last an hour, and then I'd be woken up by this little wet nose to my face, hinting that she's ready to go for her walk, and I'd be excited to take her.
Then I'd get home from my walk, and my boyfriend would have dinner ready.
It'd be delicious because it's delicious, and because it's something I didn't have to make.

And then we'd sit out by the fire and drink beer and wine, and chat.
Until we were bored, or until Zoey had successfully smelled every.single.last.thing. in the backyard.
Then we'd get in bed, and watching criminal minds or modern family, but who I am trying to fool, we'd watch both, and we'd fall asleep.

It'd be delightful.

But today will be great anyways because I have 5am bootcamp, a busy day at work, 
and a ladies night (and lawrd knows those are awesome).

So I guess I don't have much to complain about.

What would you do with your Hypothetical Thursday??

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, reading this post just made me swoon. And of course, I'm at work. Ha. I'd spend my hypothetical day at the beach, all day, all night. I would run, play, swim, eat, drink, tan, all of it in that order on my perfect beach day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wishhh. hold on though, sleeping in for you is 7am? I want to just lay around and shop and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaa. This is so cute! Love the idea.
    And, really, who the heck looks like they when they're shaving their legs? It isn't me, that's for damn sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an amazing day off. I would plan do some amazing stuff during my days off, but actually end up in my pjs all day watching HGTV and Ellen. :/

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!