Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Annual 'Appointment'

So my Doctor called me the other day, okay she didn't, but Leslie at the front desk did, reminding me that it's time for annual physical, or the annual appointment.

Now there is really nothing all that appealing about getting your confidence shattered when standing on a scale, your future dimmed by your calcium shortage, and your hmmmmm being poked with a giant Qtip.
But I still always make mine for 8am. 
It's not that I wake up wanting to go, it's that I'll be damned if I am going to let some lady I don't know (I only see her once a year) troll around down there after I've been walking around all day.  I'd like to be freshly showered, emphasis on the freshness here ladies, and not all schwampy.

So that's something to look forward to.
Gosh just thinking writing about it makes me excited.
I can't wait 'til the day I get the boob smasher.
That'll be delightful.

Oh the things we women have to do.

Please note though I whine about it, I do it gladly for my health.  
It's important, it's just not 'fun'.

11 comments:

  1. Amen on the 8 am. Let's get it over with so I can go home, shower, and go on about my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, it's not like we look forward to it....let me get on with it!

      Delete
  2. I am all for early appointments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So uncomfortable, but necessary :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, and I am all about keeping healthy so. I do it.

      Delete
  4. The boob smasher is not that bad! I had myself stressed for nothing. Had it last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha boob smasher...can't wait for that one. Gotta love those "annuals" as my mom calls it (she also refers to her yearbook as an "annual" so that could potentially lead to confusion). Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget to have them check over your skin too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think my boobs are even big enough to get something in the machine to smash...but amen on the downtown trip...I look more forward to a root canal at the dentist.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!