Monday, April 16, 2012

Read Up- History Much??

On vacation I was on a reading streak, and found some good gems that I wanted to share with you all.

I usually try to read every other, and by that I mean love romance (insert Nicholas Sparks 'novel' here), more serious piece of literature, love romance, 'serious' literature, etc. This does not always work out the way I would like, but none the less.

Sarah's Key was given to me over a year ago by a co-worker. I have been busy with other good reads and never got around to it. After my best friend, mom, and Grandma all sped through it, and recommended it, I opened it up. Less than 24 hours later- DONE.




I loved the helix of history and present time. The ending, which I will not ruin for those currently reading it, took me by surprise. It was one of those that felt almost incomplete, but it left the book lingering in my head, which in my opinion is great.

Escape From the Deep is another book I devoured on vacation. This book was recommend to me by my brother, and Dad, whom I rarely share books with. They seem to love all the geek out history books that can never hold my attention. This book, however consumes you as a reader with descriptions and experiences that are unfathomable.


Although this is a isolated snap shot of a greater piece of history, it was great. For any of you are like me, and have trouble appreciating historical non-fictions, you'll like this one.

Kershaw has others out as well, it might be the next on my to read list, although I've heard Killing Lincoln is great too. I'm adding it to my list of 'to reads' two close friends say it's great.

Have you read any good books recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!