Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursdays: In or Out

Shuffle Board: In


I know I might be tardy to this party, but yes I JUST discovered shuffle board this week!!!!  Why don't all bars have this game?  It is easily more enjoyable and interactive than  pool Billiards.  And what a simple concept- push a small puck like object to the end of the table without falling off...really how much more creative can you get? I will say, for a newbie I played pretty well, I lost 10-8 to my bf.  If you have not played before, open a new tab and google the bar closest to your current location that has shuffle board and get a pushin'.

Pliny the Elder (beer): Out


Still not sure what it is about this beer that I haven't yet grown to love, but I will keep trying it until I do.  This beer has Tip Top Reviews (see here), and for those of you who have enjoyed this 8% IPA, you are more than likely in love with it.  There are only two restaurants that serve it in our area, other than that I have heard you can pick it up at BevMo.  Today I was reminded that I don't like it when I tried a sip during happy hour.  Call me an amateur beer drinker if you'd like, but I'll take my Blue Moon please.

Weekday Weekends: In


Rarely am I sick, and rarely do I take PTO (other than vacations....Oh Mexico....), but when your Saturdays are work days no weekend is really the same.  So I did a swap out- and made this Thursday my Saturday- a Weekday Weekend.  It was great.  I slept in, ate breakfast in bed, cuddled watched the news, kindeled in bed.  Then I went for a leisurely run, enjoyed some lunch at a new restaurant, played Frisbee in the park, and finished the day off with a girls night out (dinner and movie-see below).   I am certain I couldn't do this every day, but today it felt great.  

The Lucky One: In


I will say I called this one.  I KNEW Zac Efron was going to be smokin' hot and super successful the moment he entered the Disney spotlight with High School Musical.  What pre-teen or teen could resist him in that movie trilogy?  Now that he (and his body) have grown up and matured....DAMN, his acting is great too might I add.  As I would advise with any book turned movie, read the book before you see it (the book will likely take you less than two days).  But seriously GO SEE this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!