Sunday, July 8, 2012

And the Award Goes to....I'm Nominated

I'm back home after four wonderful days in the mountains, and while it's good to be home there is something about that mountain air and lake side breeze that is just so wonderful.


Any whooties (hoot-sie) toots.  I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Nadine (here), so I figured I'd answer these questions to 'get started'. First a little info on the award.
"The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome." Adrian (Adrian Loves Owls)

THE RULES:
-Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
-Answer the questions the tagger set for you, PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
-Choose 11 people and link them in your post.

-Go to their page and tell them.

*No tag backs!*

11 Fun Facts About Me:

1. I grew up, went to college, and started my career in the same town, and I don't even feel bad about it.

2. I love to travel, and I have been abroad 10 times.  Most the them were Europe, but the less common places include Cairo, New Zealand, and Croatia.

3. On that note the two places I'd love to go are Greece and Thailand.
 
4. In eighth grade I was given an assignment that said: write a letter to your super hero, I wrote a letter to my Dad.  I continued on to write my college application essay about him as well.  And yes, I got in to the college I wanted to go to. 

5. I have been skiing for 20 years, and it is the only thing in my life that I will claim to do very well.

6. I just got a puppy, and she is probably the cutest, most energetic thing I have ever seen.  She is A LOT of work, but so rewarding and fun at the same time.  I never thought some little creature could win me over so fast.  I am doomed when I have kids.

7. My boyfriend and I got sucked in to Americas Got Talent one night.  I think it's hilarious slash embarrassing, because it's the only show we follow together on a regular basis. 

8.  My entire wardrobe, okay so 98% of it, (shoes and accessories included) is from Target, Nordstrom, and Express.

9. I cried the day my brother told me he was moving away.  He cried too.

10. I am not good at ironing, and if domestic skill sets were genetic, I got this one from my Mom.

11. I joined Weight Watchers in October 2011 (After my roommate convinced me), and I lost twenty five pounds by December 2011.  These are lbs. I didn't even know I had.  I have kept it off since then, and have never felt better. 

 

11 Questions from my Nominee:
 
1. If you could be prettier, funnier, or smarter, which would you choose?
 
I would be smarter, and no I don't think I am dumb.  But there is so much information, so many fun facts, and millions of subjects,  I don't know anything about.  And while some of them I don't feel guilty about not knowing there are others I would love to know about (i.e. the galaxies, calculus,  engineering (how do bridges say up, sky scrapers stand?, etc.), geography, physics (explain to me how a air plane stays in the air), etc.  Also I don't think I want to be prettier I like being a split between Mom and Dad, why would I want to change that? I feel like if I said prettier, it would be an insult to my family, whom I think it beautiful.

2. Which fictional character do you most relate to?
 
I don't watch many sitcoms or anything, which I think puts me at a disadvantage here.  I would like to say some sort of Disney character, because well, that is pretty much all I know.  And if we are really going to get down to it, I would have probably said Lizzy McGuire when I was 13, so I guess we'll go with that.  Embarrassing to the nines, and I don't even care.
 
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure book of all time? 
 
Guilty pleasure book... this is only guilty because it was my favorite book when I was in third grade, and yes I still re-read it at least twice a year.  Mr. Poppers Penguins.

4. What is your nerdiest trait?
 
I don't know about nerdiest trait, I am really not all that nerdy.  If I had to give you one, it would be that I never stop reading on random page (even on my kindle), I always have to end at a chapter mark.
 
5. If you could spend the rest of your life in one location, where would it be?
 
The mountains.  How could you not like skiing the winter, boating in the summer, and hiking in between.  Plus there is nothing quite like the mountain air.
 
6. Describe your family in one sentence.
 
My family is unbelievably supportive, unbearably understanding, surprisingly adventurous, awesomely funny, and perfectly normal.
 
7. What is one skill you'd like to perfect in the next 10 years?
 
I have a couple skills I would like to perfect in the next ten years.  The two that came immediately to mind are TOTALLY ridiculous, and I am okay with that.  I would like to be a better fitted sheet folder, if you can even call that a skill.  


8. If you went to college, what was your major? Are you happy with your choice?
 
Yes I went to college, and I wouldn't change my major.  It was Communications and German.  I am happy with my choice, I only which I had done communications at a non-research based school because it would have been much more hands on (read: speeches, presentations, group projects, etc.) and less theories and multiple choice.
 
9. What food could you eat every day and never get sick of?
 
I am a creature of habit, and eat LOTS of foods ever day that I never get sick of the list includes: apples, carrots, oranges, bananas, and  fried eggs on toast.

10. What is one thing in life you'd really like to be successful at?
 
There are two things I would really like to be successful at, and while the question says one mine is a multifaceted answer, so just go with it people.  I would like to be successful at maintaining a work like balance with my career and future family.  This is not something that I am afraid of at all, but I know each item listed (career and family) take much time, energy, and effort.  I want both to be successful all the while maintaining a balance that lets each be both successful and rewarding.
 
11. How would you describe your interior decorating style?
 
I am not even sure how to describe it.  The house so far is pretty neutral.  And to be honest, I'd rather just tell someone yes I like it or, no I don't and let them handle it.  Because I am pretty easy to please.
 
 EnLove with Life 
 Adventures of E 
Musings of Little Moo Moo  
  Black Little Button
A Blondes Home Brew
Thriftary Do More Use Less
It Happened on a Sunday
Mr. D and Me
Halfway to Somewhere
Oh So Nifty
From Cupcakes with Love

11 Questions for my Nominees:
 
1. If you could travel one place, where would it be?
2. Which guilty pleasure TV show can you not get enough of?
3. What is your first childhood memory?
4. If you could have an accent which would it be?
5. Which super power would you rather have? The ability to fly? Or be invisible?
6.  What is the one thing you do every day for yourself that makes you happy?
7. What has not changed between 6 year old you, and present day you?
8. Of the Disney princesses, which do you think is most like yourself?
9. Which food do you love, but never make yourself?
10. Do you still own any clothes from High School? If so which item?
11. What is your favorite movie of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!