Monday, July 2, 2012

Things I love about the US of A

July Fourth Makes pretty much the entire Nation feel patriotic.

So I thought I'd take some time and recap some things I love about the USofA.

Country Music:
Some people love it, some people hate it.  I am a lover. I like that country singers sing about beer, dancin', farmin', and the simple life.  I've been to 10+ country concerts and counting.  I have two more planned for this summer.  Hello Tim & Kenny, don't mind if I do- waiting for July 13th :)

 Rascal Flatts Concert 2008

Washington DC:
This is the mecca of almost all things American.  The city is so fun for all ages, and full of history.  Plus it has the best fourth of July fireworks display EVER.  I am not sure how one could not love it.  Added and unexpected bonus, it has, probably the best red velvet cupcake, ever at a place called Red Velvet.
July 4th 2010
Air Shows:
Adults Kids of all ages (adults included) have a strange affinity towards helicopters, fighter jets, cough men in uniform cough, etc.  This is a great time to have the flag waiving, and listen to 'Proud to be an American'.



 Fleet Week SF 2011

Women's Rights:
Some argue that men and women don't have equal rights, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I am thankful for equal rights.  During my two week stint in Cairo, I realized many women have almost no rights.  I have equal voting, employment, education, etc. opportunities, and for that I am thankful.

Hamburgers, Watermelon, and All things Gingham.
This is JUST so American, how could a girl not love it? Just be sure that burger has extra cheese (see here) and I'm happy.  Also this in combo with #1 (country music) might be the best!

NYC:
After 9/11 I am sure everyone feels this way.  I've always loved New York, and probably always will.  Praise and Thanks to our American Heros.

Times Square w/ Bestie Oct. 2010
Baseball:
Take me out to the ball game folks.  This sport makes for a fun evening, weekend, day, you get the idea of the audience.  It's the seventh inning strecth

Fenway May 2011
Military,
Have to love, appreciate, and thank those who keep us all safe on the day to day.  I'd like to personally thank my Grandfather and Uncle who both served for some 25+ years.  Like most they made many sacrifices to serve with honor and pride.

Much, Much, Much more...

Just thought I'd share these few with you all.

What do you Love about the United States?

P.S. I'm not excited for the 4th at All....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!