Thursday, February 21, 2013

SPD: Burlap Wreath

I saw this wreath and NEEDED it.
How welcomed would you feel if that was hanging on someone's door?

So, off to Michaels I went,
I case you haven't read this post, I've been there A LOT recently.

This wreath frame was $4.99
And this burlap was $5.99
Secure the burlap with crafting wire.
There was truly no specific technique I used, simply bunch, and secure.
(side note: there is more burlap in the pack than you think)
Once I was done bunching and securing, I looped all the excess around the entire wreath.
This was the final burlap wrapping product.
I bought these decorate balls on super sale way back when (here).
Similar balls available here.
I haven't used them for anything, and they came in handy for this project.
Secure balls on to wreath with SERIOUS amounts of hot glue.
Don't be shy ladies, you'd rather have the balls super secure, than falling off.
I'm a REALLY good photographer.
Can't you tell???
Now bow and arrange ribbon.
Secure with wire and hot glue (whichever works better for you).
and there you have it..
 Not quite as ornate, but a simple addition to warm up the front door.
And welcome all our guests.

Anyone else tried a burlap wreath?
Any tips?
I'd love to see what you have done.



9 comments:

  1. Great job on the burlap wreath! That burlap garland looks awfully familiar ;)
    My mom made a similar wreath to yours recently. I'm nervous about using the wire frame but she said it was pretty easy, too, so I need to try it in the future.
    Thanks for visiting my SPD post too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I LOVE this! Anything made of burlap is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, you are creative! love the new wreathe!! looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I like that a lot and I do need a good spring wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok plan of attack... I go get the burlap, wreath form, and accessories... you come over and make me a cute burlap wreath for me and we celebrate National Margarita Day! Ready, set, and go!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts Are Appreciated!!!